Building a Leadership Competency Model
It is important to identify and gauge the level of leadership competencies required to drive your business strategy.
The objective is to recruit and develop next generation leaders who will drive your business to win in the marketplace.
An effective competency model should reflect the strategic goals of the business.
Our process for developing leadership competencies include:
- focused discussions with chosen senior executives:
- challenges facing the organization
- leadership attributes that have proven to be successful
- new skills required for continued growth
- define key competencies required of leaders
- discussion and alignment by senior executives of the key competencies
- create buy-in and empowerment
Mapping managerial and leadership competencies brings organizations the following benefits:
- An understanding of key skills required for success
- Enhanced recruitment and succession planning
- An opportunity for managers and senior executives to consider their development in the light of emerging business requirements
Cindy Wahler Ph.D., C.Psych
Cell: (416) 722-9469
Toronto, Ontario CANADA